Parking & Drop Off
If you are arriving to Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital (JPCH) by personal vehicle, pay parking is available on-site. Follow the directions into the parkade. When you are ready to leave the hospital, pay for your parking at one of the pay stations located inside the hospital or pay at the exit kiosks when driving out of the parkade.
Vehicles over 1.9 metres (6.2 feet) must use the oversize vehicle parking outside of Royal University Hospital (RUH).
Emergency Department – Drop Off and Parking
- Patients may be dropped off at the entrance to the emergency room. This is a fire lane, so the driver is required to stay with the vehicle or move it immediately after bringing a patient into the building. Security officers can assist with parking a vehicle arriving at the emergency department if needed.
- Inside the parkade, 12 one-hour pay designated parking stalls are available for short-term emergency patient parking. These are located on Parking Level 3 (P3) in the centre lane. These stalls are marked to help you identify them more easily.
- Pay parking for longer than one hour is available on any of the parkade levels.
Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital Patient Drop Off
- To drop off patients and visitors, personal vehicles and taxis can enter into the parkade through the parking gate for up to 15 minutes without having to pay for parking. This drop-off option allows patients or visitors easy access to JPCH.
- Pregnant patients in labour should enter the JPCH main doors from the Parking Level 5 (P5) parkade. This entrance to JPCH is marked in green on the map below.
- Drivers can drop off patients at the Level P5 main doors, but vehicles are not permitted to remain in the driveway
- Designated pay parking stalls for patients in labour are available on Level P5 (marked purple on map)
Visitor Parking – Levels P3/P4/P5
Pay parking is available for patients and visitors on levels P3, P4, and P5. All three parking levels provide access to both JPCH and RUH. You may wish to park on a certain level to be closest to the area of the hospital you want to enter.
Parking on Level 3 (P3) provides the easiest access from the parkade to the emergency department.
Parking on Level 4 (P4) and Level 5 (P5) provides the fastest access to the JPCH main entrance, as well as to the elevators and stairs that you can use to enter a different floor of JPCH.
Parking Level 5 (P5) provides the easiest access to the Maternal Care Centre and the Pediatric Outpatient Department. If you need to access these areas from another level of the parkade, take the parking elevator to P5 and enter JPCH from that parking level.
Pediatric oncology (cancer) patients can park in designated spaces on P5 with a Saskatoon Cancer Centre permit.