The Maternal Care Centre is on the 3rd floor of the Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital. There are 65 private patient rooms and outpatient areas.
Outpatient Areas (Non-Overnight)
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine Unit - A unit for diagnostic imaging, monitoring and testing of pregnant patients at risk because of a condition with themselves or the baby.
- Maternal Outpatient Department – These clinics include:
- Pre Assessment Clinic (PAC) visits, which provide information for pregnant patients who will have a planned cesarean section (C-section).
- Diabetes in Pregnancy Clinics - These clinics provide education, self- management and support for patients with diabetes in pregnancy.
- Anesthesia consults - These appointments are booked with an anesthesiologist, together with PAC appointments as needed.
- Triage/Assessment Unit - A unit for triaging and assessing pregnant and labouring women.
Inpatient Areas (Overnight)
- Prenatal Unit – Eight-bed unit for pregnant patients requiring in-hospital care.
- Single Care Maternity - patients will labour, deliver and stay in the same room until they are ready to leave the hospital. This innovative model of care is known as “Single Room Maternal Care”. Each room is private and includes space for the well-baby and a support person to stay.
The Maternal Care Centre has three dedicated maternal operating rooms, which can accommodate twin and triplet deliveries.