COVID-19 Impact on Childminding
Childminding services are temporarily unavailable as of February 1, 2021. Our staff are working in other important areas to support the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please consider other child care options if you are needing to visit JPCH.
The Childminding Centre is located on the main floor just inside the main doors of the Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital (JPCH). Child-minding services are offered Monday to Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The Childminding Centre is closed on Statutory Holidays.
The Centre offers a friendly play space for siblings of both in-patient and out-patient families. Children between 18 months up to 12 years old (up to 14 years old for children with special needs) will be accepted for care and can choose from activities like arts and crafts, books, toys and board games.
The Centre is designed for a short stay, up to two hours. This space is not a daycare, and parents or caregivers must be located within JPCH while your child is playing.
At the Childminding Centre:
- No food or drinks allowed, please feed your child before dropping them off
- No outside toys allowed
- Staff cannot give medication
- We do not provide diaper changing services, please drop your child off in a clean diaper
- If your child needs a new diaper, you will be asked to return to the childcare area
- Please label all of your child’s belongings with his or her name
- To be respectful of access for all families, parents are encouraged to cancel if they no longer require their booked-space
To ensure a spot is open, register your child by completing the form below.
Children may be pre-registered up to two weeks in advance.
For information, please contact:
JPCH Childminding Centre Child: 306-655-3229
Please note this is a request form only and does not represent actual booked services. Please check your email for confirmation once the form is complete.