The pediatric pulmonary team diagnoses and helps kids manage breathing disorders including:
- Obstructive airway disorders (e.g., asthma, cystic fibrosis)
- Sleeping disorders
- Premature lung disorders
- Airway problems found since birth
Several methods may be used to make this diagnosis such as:
- Exercise testing
- Sleep studies
- Immune and allergy testing
- Airway examination to help diagnose breathing disorders
Our team is multidisciplinary, helping brave kids with complex needs in so many ways. Members of the team include:
- Asthma educators certified through the Lung Association of Saskatchewan
- Respiratory therapists
- Social workers
Your family doctor or pediatrician can refer your child to the Pulmonary Clinic. Referrals can be faxed to 306-844-1514.
If you would like to meet with a Certified Asthma Educator or request pulmonary function testing, you do not need a referral. Call our Administrative Assistant at 306-844-1275.