The hematology specialist team helps children who have blood disorders like anemia or blood cancer. The Saskatchewan Bleeding Disorders Program provides care to children with hemophilia and other bleeding disorders. Both of these provincial services have clinics at the Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital in Saskatoon and also hold travelling clinics in Regina at the Regina General Hospital.
For more information about our pediatric hematology (blood disorder) program, call 306-655-0957.
For more information about the Saskatchewan Bleeding Disorder Program, call 306-655-6503.
You need a referral from your family doctor, nurse practitioner or pediatrician to see the pediatric hematology or bleeding disorder teams. Initial consults typically need to be in-person, however TeleHealth can be set up for some follow-up appointments if you are unable to travel to Saskatoon or Regina. Your child’s ongoing disease follow-up will be managed together with your doctor or nurse practitioner.
Sources of Medical Information
- SK Bleeding Disorders Program Brochure - General
- Age 0 - 4 Bleeding Disorders Program
- Age 5 - 8 Bleeding Disorders Program
- Age 8 - 12 Bleeding Disorders Program
- Age 12 - 18 Bleeding Disorders Program
- Surgery / Dental Procedures Bleeding Disorders Program
- Improving Needle Pokes - Bleeding Disorders Program