ENT specialists, or otolaryngologists, provide care for children with disorders of the ears, nose and throat (ENT).
Our otolaryngologists provide inpatient (overnight) and outpatient (non-overnight) care to Saskatchewan children ages 16 and under. Services are based at the Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital in Saskatoon.
Surgery is not always required for the treatment of ENT disorders.
Some health problems that otolaryngologists care for are:
- Ear infections
- Hearing loss
- Airway obstruction
- Congenital cysts of the head and neck
- Foreign bodies
- Our specialists also provide many surgeries including:
- Myringotomy and tympanostomy tube insertion
- Adenoidectomy and tonsillectomy
- Endoscopic sinus surgery
- Cochlear implantation
- Bone anchored hearing devices
A referral is required to access these specialty services. Talk to your doctor, pediatrician or nurse practitioner for more information about your child’s ear, nose and throat health.