We offer care for patients before, during and after the delivery of a baby. Maternal Services are located on the 2nd floor. Our team of health-care professionals are available to provide safe care with you and your family.
Our in-patient services include:
- 8-bed labour and birth area
- 2 dedicated maternal operating rooms
- 36 bed antepartum and postpartum unit
Our out-patient services include:
- 6-bed triage and assessment area located on the Labour & Birth Unit
- Antepartum outpatient iron infusions located on the Mother Baby Unit
- Fetal Assessment Unit
- Maternal-Fetal Medicine program that provides diagnostic imaging, monitoring and testing of patients at risk
- Pre-assessment clinic that provides information for pregnant patients who will have a planned cesarean section
- Diabetes in pregnancy clinic that provide education, self-management and support for patients with diabetes in pregnancy
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at Regina General Hospital is a 25 bed tertiary care centre that provides neonatal services for infants of Southern Saskatchewan. The unit is located on the 2nd floor.
The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) is a space where your child will receive specialized care for health complications after birth. Some babies stay in the NICU for only a few hours for observational care while others may spend months receiving specialized care.
As a parent it is important for you to get to know your baby. You are encouraged to visit your baby as often as possible. In addition to parents, each family is able to identify four people to help support and care for you and your baby. Parents are responsible for making sure all visitors follow the rules.
NicView cameras are available to view your baby 24/7 through a secure on line portal. For more information talk to the NICU staff or for more information click here
Child specific CPR is offered and recommended for all parents who have an ill or premature baby. The CPR class is free of charge and you can discuss available times with the nurses and staff.
A team of health-care professionals care children on the inpatient pediatric unit located on the 4th floor. This 32 bed unit includes 4 high acuity beds for advanced care that does not require a full intensive care.
Pediatric Outpatient Care
Our Pediatric Outpatient Department is located on the 4th floor. This department offers a wide variety of services lead by our care team including:
- Lab work
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Gastrostomy Tube (G-Tube) care and teaching
- Medication administration and intravenous infusions,
- Central line care
- Pulmonary function lab
- Surgical clinics
- Pediatric specialty clinics that include pediatricians from Regina & the Jim Pattison Children’s Hospital (JPCH)
We have a dedicated Social Work team that is specialized in the care of parents and children. They are available Monday to Friday.
The Regina General Hospital has the Rawlco Hostel. This space provides a room and sitting area for parents of babies in the NICU who are far from home. This service is accessed through our Social Work team.
Volunteer services provide support to patients and families during their hospital stay. The volunteers offer comfort, play and connection.